Waterford Youth Assistance
5640 Williams Lake Road Suite 201 Waterford, MI 48329
Waterford Prevention Leader — Prevention through Community Involvement
The Oakland County Circuit Court - Family Division places professional caseworkers in each YA office. Waterford has one full-time caseworker assigned to the WYA office. The caseworker provides direct service to all referral families and oversees all volunteer programs. Caseworkers offer family focused, short-term, voluntary counseling using the following methods:
- Accountability/Police Diversion (to avoid official court involvement) -- letter of apology, donation, essay, community service, UTurn Jail tour
- Referrals for Outside Therapy
WYA receives client referrals from parents, police and the Waterford School District. Recent trends show that alcohol and drug related referrals remain high. School truancy referrals are escalating. Phone misuse/sexting is increasing due to social media and electronics.
- Malicious Destruction of Property M.D.O.P (vandalism)
- Municipal Ordinance Violation (curfew)
- Retail and credit card fraud
- School truancy or educational neglect
- Prevention services (short-term counseling)
Download the Youth Assistance Referral form and the WYA Casework Services brochure.